The typical client for the WIN 10 Program is an individual that has suffered a chronic illness or disability and has isolated themselves from normal daily social interactions. Studies have shown these people tend to make their medical visits the primary social interaction in their life, thus visit their specialist, doctor or healthcare provider on a more frequent basis.
Target Patient Profile–
Life Focused on Diseases
- Multiple Chronic diseases
- Not responding to medical treatment
- Consistently in top 5% of highest user of medical system year after year
- Multiple physical complaints
- Resistant to change
This relationship is self-perpetuating: no improvement year after year with the target group’s use of medical services.
Current Medical System Responding to Target Patients–
System Focused on Disease Management
- Chronic disease nurse monitors designated to encourage adherence of protocols
- Disease management classes focusing on understanding diseases, habit change, and nutrition/ exercise instruction
- Issued books on living with chronic diseases